The essence of The Opposition's 09 Budget Debate
The substance is ...
"...a plan of constructive stewardship of the economy and of aggressive realization of policy to restore business and consumer confidence in the years ahead. ..."
Key Policy Initiatives:
- PRODUCTIVE BUSINESS INCENTIVES
- REFORMING THE PUBLIC TENDER SYSTEM
- DOWNWARD ADJUSTMENT OF THE FUEL PRICE
- STRATEGIC PUBLIC TRANSPORT INITIATIVES
- CURBING PUBLIC EXPENDTURE ON MEGA-PROJECTS
- REFORMING THE CURRENT SYSTEM OF AWARD of AP’s
Excerpts on Sarawak:
"...concerns extend equally to many other sectors. For example, in Sarawak, there is a 20% allowance for Sarawak tenders, on top of the 10% allowance for bumiputera, i.e., a total of 30% allowance for those individuals and companies that can claim Sarawak bumiputera status. If the RM3 billion allocated to Sarawak for infrastructure is subject to this, it means that, RM1 billion will immediately have been siphoned into pockets of such companies as CMS and individuals directly associated with key BN political leaders and their families. ..."
Read more at NATIONAL BUDGET AND ECONOMIC POLICY BRIEF BY DSAI